Sound Stopper FLEX is designed to be used as a carpet underlay on transmission tunnels, footwells, the boot and areas that need more flexibility and shape. The thick dense foam provides a luxury feel under the flooring and the product is self adhesive for easy application.
Flexible 13mm 3 Layer construction;
1 x Top Layer of high grade 6mm semi-open cell sound absorbing foam
1 x Layer of dense 1mm flexible MLV sound barrier
1 x Bottom Layer Self adhesive, peel & stick 6mm semi-open cell sound absorbing foam
Ideal for interior use beneath carpets on the Floor, Bulkhead and transmission tunnel etc
The Dodo Sound Stopper product has been designed to provide maximum noise reduction.
It is achieved by engineering two layers of high grade noise absorber with an effective MLV suspended barrier layer. The effectiveness of the barrier is greatly increased by the sandwich design decoupling it from the vehicle bodywork.
The materials and their thickness are chosen to optimse the acoustic performance, however flexibility is maintained for ease of installation.
- Sold as Single Sheet / Roll
- Sheet size = 3000 x 500mm (1.5 sq.m / 16.1 sq.ft)
- Thickness = 13mm
- Total weight per sheet = 4.6kg
- Black OE style foam finish
- Twin 6mm Semi-Open Cell acoustic foams
- 1mm Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) Barrier
- Absorbs, Insulates, Blocks
- For interior use
- Resists oil & water
- Self Adhesive, flexible, peel & stick.
Typical uses of this product:
- Fitting to a vehicle bulkhead or transmission tunnel (interior) under carpets to block and absorb excessive noise.
- Lining interior panels or doors at home etc to prevent sound transfer and prevent noise leakage.
- Lining enclosure walls to quieten pumps, generators or noisy machinery.